Monday, December 9, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #2

In recognition of me losing 100 pounds over the previous 5 months, I'm going to share 100 of my favorite cards over a 100 day period.

In no particular order, here is Card #2.


I'm not a fan of unlicensed products because usually the lack of logos impacts has a negative impact on the card, but I love this National Treasures card featuring former Diamondback first baseman, Paul Goldschmidt. Panini's picture choice is perfect because the lack of logos has no impact on the card. The fact that the card features a jersey button and is numbered 2/2 is just icing on the cake!

If my memory is correct, I got this card for free. Let me explain. A few years ago I got an email from eBay with a promotion. If I sold a certain number of items I would get a $50 credit. I think it was 4 items to get $50, so I sold 4 cards and got the $50 credit. Then I made an offer on this card for $50 and it was accepted. 

5 comments:

  1. Great looking card! The lack of logos doesn't hurt this one at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pickup for the price. Again congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I will own a button card. I can only hope it is as well done as this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A card numbered 2 of 2 is perfect for #2 on your list. Congrats on dropping 100lbs (and scoring this sweet Goldy for free!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Can't beat a free game used button card of Goldy.

    ReplyDelete