Thursday, December 26, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #19

Glad to see that posting from my phone didn’t impact the post. Might even make it a little faster to post. Card #19 in my quest to share 100 of my favorite card in honor of me losing 100 pounds this year is a 1962 Topps rookie card of Ken Hubbs. This seemed fitting following yesterdays 1961 Topps Roger Maris card.

You may or may not recognize Ken Hubbs. He won the 1962 National League Rookie of the Year Award playing second base for the Chicago Cubs, but died in a plane crash prior to the 1964 season. He was also the first rookie to win a Gold Glove Award.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome card. Some day I'll have to add that one to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card. I definitely recognize him. GCRL sent me his 1964 Topps In Memoriam card earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete