Tuesday, December 31, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #24

Yesterday I showed a famous number 23, so today I’ll show a famous number 24. I’m out and about, so I have to rely on a picture of the card from my blog. It’s an old picture. In fact this card is no longer in it’s Beckett graded case. I paid $150 for this card back in 1998 or 1999 and then spent another $10-$15 to get it graded. I thought it was prefect, but it came back an 8.5. I broke it free years ago. I think I have at least 3 copies, maybe 4, of this card now.


4 comments:

  1. I still need to get one of those for my collection, but I'm always afraid of purchasing a fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iconic card. The only graded copy I own is a PSA 6. It was part of a lot I purchased on eBay. I keep it slabbed, because I find it funny that a card from an era where every card was treated like gold and protected right out of the pack could receive that low of a grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe that a card printed in the quantities that this one was, could've ever sold for so much!

    ReplyDelete