Friday, December 27, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #20

This is a recent addition to my collection, but easily makes the top 100 cards in my collection. It’s a Sweet Spot Classics, Classic Signatures card of Don Mattingly.

My first Little League team was the Yankees and so they became my focus and nobody was bigger at the time than Don Mattingly. Ever since then I’ve been been a Mattingly fan. I got the chance to meet Mattingly and get him to sign a ball for me when he was managing in the Arizona Fall League.

When I saw this card was available as part of a small lot of Yankee autographs in a Facebook group, I jumped at it.


2 comments:

  1. Great card! I've always liked those Sweet Spot signatures and I was a Mattingly fan back in the day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have disliked the Yankees for as long as I can remember... so I was never a Mattingly guy. That being said... I have a deep respect for the franchise's history... and that includes Mattingly. He was definitely one of the kings of the hobby when I was a kid. And that's one heck of an autograph you have of him.

    ReplyDelete