Friday, December 20, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #13

It's late, but I still haven't missed a post. Card #13 is one of the few graded cards I have in my collection. I specifically bought this card graded because it has been faked and I wanted to make sure that I bought a legitimate copy. This 1992 Bowman Mariano Rivera card skyrocketed in popularity and price last year in anticipation of his Hall of Fame announcement. He was a great pitcher, but I still don't understand how he got 100% of the votes when Ken Griffey Jr. feel just short of perfection.


2 comments:

  1. Some people don't like these types of cards where the players are dressed in regular street clothes. I think it kind of works for Bowman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the key 90's rookie cards that I haven't added to my collection yet. I probably won't unless it's part of a collection purchase or flea market find, since I'm not willing to dish out the big $$$ people are willing to pay. That being said... kudos to the Bowman photographer that was able to color coordinate the color of Mariano's shirt with the walls in the background.

    ReplyDelete