Saturday, December 21, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #14

I recently lost 100 pounds and so in honor of that accomplishment, I'm sharing 100 of my favorite cards on my blog.

Card #14 is a 1969 Topps rookie card of Rollie Fingers. Not only is this a rookie card of a Hall of Famer, but I love that the young Rollie is without facial hair. Rollie is well known for his well manicured mustache.

In 2011 I went to the All-Star Fan Fest and met Rollie and had him sign a photo for me. The photo was of a young Rollie Fingers without a mustache. I asked him if he would draw a mustache in addition to signing the card. I don't think I was the first person to ask him that because he emphatically declined.


2 comments:

  1. Great story about Rollie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... that would have been cool if he would have added the 'stache. Fingers was my childhood buddy's uncle... and without the famous mustache, I can actually really see the similarities between the two.

    ReplyDelete