Saturday, March 14, 2015

2003 Diamondbacks Baxter Bobblehead

Yesterday I went to my LCS and saw that they had one of the Diamondbacks bobbleheads that I still needed up as part of their 3 PM Saturday auction. It was a 2003 Baxter bobblehead.

I wrote in a $10 bid and hoped for the best because I didn't think I'd be able to make it to the actual auction.

Things worked out today though that I was able to go and it was a good thing that I did because someone outbid me.

The auction started at $12 and so I bid $12.50 and got it! The cheapest I've seen this one on ebay is about $25 shipped and up into the $40 range (completed sales), so I was really happy to get this one for $12.50!


With this bobblehead I only need 3 more to complete my collection! That is not including the 5 that will be given out this season, but I will get those when they are given away. I still need a 2001 Matt Williams, a 2010 Baxter, and a 2010 Mark Reynolds.

The auction was for 2 bobbleheads. I needed the Baxter and the other one is also D-Backs, but it's not a SGA (Stadium Give-Away) bobblehead so it wasn't on my list. I don't think I've ever even seen it before.

I have no idea when it was issued, but it is a United Blood Services UBIE bobblehead (UBIE is the name on the back of the jersey).


Like I said, it's not an SGA bobblehead, so I don't know what I will end up doing with it.

1 comment: