Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring Training Autograph Recap: Ryan Roberts

My kids got some vouchers for Spring Training tickets for reading a certain amount of books, so we got tickets for yesterday and today. They are on spring break and both days the Royals were in Goodyear playing the Reds yesterday and the Indians today.

I wanted to see the Royals because Ryan Roberts signed a minor league deal with them this off season and I wanted to try to get him to sign a Rays game-worn jersey that I had picked up off ebay.

Yesterday the Royals played a split squad game and Roberts was in Peoria and not Goodyear.

Today he was there and I was able to get him sign the jersey and an 8 x 10.


The autograph turned out great! I couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous because I don't use paint pens very often. I handed Ryan the pen and he actually shook it and I asked if he would test it out before he started signing and he did.


After signing my jersey, Roberts signed for a few other and I waited until it dried and then I got this 8 x 10 out and Roberts signed it for me really nicely!

I got a few other autographs between the two days, but I'll save those for later. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome signatures.

    I love that your kids got vouchers for reading books. If only I had such incentives when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice looking jersey. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete