Sunday, October 18, 2009

Eric the Red (Eric Davis) Autograph

I live within walking distance of the new Spring Training stadium for the Cleaveland Indians and the Cincinatti Reds in Goodyear, Arizona. The Indians began using the stadium this past spring training and the Reds are going to be joining them in 2010. Last night, the Goodyear Ballpark and Recreational Complex Phase II Grand Opening ceremony was held on the Cincinnati Reds practice fields. The ceremony last year for the Indians featured Hall Of Famer Bob Feller. I was excited about this event but I didn't know who, if anyone would be signing autographs. When we got to the practice fields we were given a program of the nights events and I was pleased to discover that former Reds star, Eric Davis would be on hand to sign autographs. Because I didn't know who would be there I had only brought blank Autograph Cards with me. However, they were providing 8x10's free of charge, so I had Eric sign an Autograph Card and an 8x10. The former All-Star and Gold Glover was extremly nice and very talkative. Thanks Mr. Davis!





No comments:

Post a Comment