Tuesday, November 3, 2009

2007 Topps Triple Threads

I picked up a couple of 2007 Topps Triple Threads cards today at the card shop. Not having collected for the past several years and not having seen much of the 2009 Topps Triple Threads cards, I actually thought that these were 2009 cards when I bought them. I picked them up for $25 each. I also bought a box of 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights, so when I told the wife how much I spent she was not very happy. So, these two cards are going to go on ebay shortly to see if I can recover what I paid for them (and maybe put a dent into the Updates box). I will post the results of my Updates & Highlights box soon.


Card #1
Front of the card features the pictures of Dye, Konerko and Pierzynski of the Chicago White Sox as well as Biggio, Berkman and Ensberg of the Houston Astros.


Fold it open and it features a gray jersey piece for Dye and bat pieces for Konerko and Pierzynski on the left and a red jersey piece for Biggio and pinstripe jersey pieces for Berkman and Ensberg on the right. The card commemorates the 2005 World Series and is serial numbered 1/9.


Card #2
The front features David Wright of the New York Mets and Ryan Howard of the Philadelphia Phillies.

Open it up and Wright is featured on the left and Howard on the right. Black and white jersey pieces are used for Wright and Phillies pinstripes are used for Howard. It is serial numbered 9/27.

2 comments: