Sunday, May 22, 2011

My 500 Home Run Club Bat Card Collection is complete!

I picked this 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers JIMMIE FOXX Game Bat card up this past week on eBay. It is the last card that I needed for my 500 Home Run Club Bat Collection. After getting the a Babe Ruth bat card several months ago, I put this aspect of my collection on hold in order to save money for an All-Star ticket. I was able to get my ticket strip and still had some money left over in my PayPal account, so I put a bid in on this card and won it for $24.99 shipped, a good price considering that I had almost bought it for $39.99 shipped several times before. My next post will be my 500 Home Run Club Bat Card Collection. You will see that I favor the 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers Game Bat cards and that's one of the reasons why I wanted this particular card. For some reason I prefer horizontal cards. I like the fact that he is batting in the picture and the piece of bat is a decent size.

5 comments:

  1. Great! lookin forward to seeing the whole thing.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a very impressive completed set. I too look forward to seeing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Can't wait to see the full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thats awesome! Congrats on the awesome achievement! You should frame it or something, it would look really cool I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. It's been fun watching your progress. Can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete