Monday, April 6, 2015

Contest Win and a Trade with Baseball Card Breakdown

Gavin, of the blog Baseball Card Breakdown, recently held a contest and I was one of the winners. I got to pick two of the magnet cards that Gavin designed and had made. Here are the two that I picked.

They are awesome! Thank you so much Gavin!


Since Griffey is my all-time favorite player, I had to go with two Griffey magnet cards. I love the 1989 Fleer/Upper Deck mash-up card and love that Gavin's blog name is incorporated into the magnet. 

This 1992 Topps inspired Griffey Jr. card shows a bunch kids from Springfield including Bart, Ralphie, and Milhouse. If only Junior could have stayed away from the Brain and Nerve Tonic. 


















Gavin and I discussed a trade as well. I'll get some cards out to you soon Gavin. Thanks! 

Here is a sampling of what Gavin sent including this Dandruff Dan Garbage Pail Kids card.


Gavin also sent some of my 2015 Topps needs.


Here is a near complete D-Back team set from 2015 Heritage. I think only the SPs are missing.


There was also a nice stack of Gyspy Queen...


...Bowman...


...and Ovation.




There was also a nice assortment of Chris Owings cards! I'm excited to see what kind of numbers Owings will put up this season!




3 comments:

  1. The magnets really are fantastic. Great production quality. I'd love to know how he did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the cards, Daniel!

    And TJ, yeah, I don't really know how exactly the magnets were made either.. I've just "got a guy" who made them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job by Paninni on that Owings Elite. You can't tell that the logos were left out.

    ReplyDelete