Wednesday, January 13, 2016

TTM Success: Alan young

I saw a fellow YouTuber get a ttm autograph back from Alan Young a while back and so I got some photos printed off and sent to him.

For those of you not familiar with Alan Young, he is an actor. He is probably most recognized for his role of Wilber on the TV show Mr. Ed, which paired him with Mr. Ed, the talking horse.



I've see Mr. Ed before and it's a good show, but that's not the reason I wanted to write to Mr. young for his autograph. You see, Alan Young is also a voice actor and as such he played the part of Scrooge McDuck in all the Disney cartoons and movies, including Duck Tales.

Duck Tales was probably my favorite cartoon as a kid! Huey, Dewey, and Louie were always getting into trouble, there was plenty of adventure with Launchpad and Gadget around, and there was a constant threat of the Beagle Boys stealing all of Scrooge's money from his money bin.

So I sent him four of the same pictures and asked him to personalize one to me and one to each of my boys who I have introduced to Duck Tales as well.

















Anyone else out there a fan of Duck Tales? Anyone ever got a voice actors autograph before? If so, who?

14 comments:

  1. Duck Tales was a fantastic show! Me number one dime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a big fan of Duck Tales myself; as such, I'm kind of jealous of this TTM success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I was a big fan of DuckTales as a kid. Never knew he was also the Mr. Ed guy.. blows my mind! haha. I might need to shoot a quick TTM request to him myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stumbled across an episode of Mr. Ed last year and was like, his voice is so familiar. i had to look it up and I was blown away as well.

      Delete
  4. Man I so need one of those Ducktales!!! Watched Mr. Ed too. Feel free to pass his info if you can onto my email :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote to Michael Bell because I was a huge fan of Voltron back in the day. He was the voice actor for Lance, pilot of the red lion. He also voiced Quackerjack in Darkwing Duck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Ducktales was a good toon. I just picked up an Ed Asner autograph from a Leaf Pop Century set mainly because he voiced one of my favorite characters ever, from one of the greatest cartoons ever, that being Sgt. Cosgrove from Freakazoid (I did like the Mary Tyler Moore show when I was little too though).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Where do you get your TTM addresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php?do=listr&sp=2

      Sports Card Forum

      Delete