Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chippers from Twitter

I won some baseball cards on Twitter from @Brava10 the other day and they arrived in my mailbox on Saturday. @Brava10 is a Braves fan, so the cards I won were of Braves great, Chipper Jones.

The switch hitting Jones ended his career with a .303 average, 2,726 hits, and 468 home runs. The 8 x All-Star hit .364 in 1998 and was the 1999 N.L. MVP.

I think he is will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility even though he didn't quite reach either the 3,000 hit mark or 500 home runs.

What do you think? Will Chipper be a first ballot Hall of Famer?



2 comments:

  1. Chipper gets in first ballot A) because he deserves it, B) he gets the benefit of being one of the few 90's/00's stars never to be connected to performance enhancers. That's my take.

    ReplyDelete