Sunday, November 6, 2016

Stranger Things, the Cubs, and a package from Bob Walk the Plank

Last week was crazy busy!

I normally don't do much in regards to dressing up for Halloween, but this year was different. I decided early on that I wanted to go as Dustin, from the Netflix show Stranger Things.


The rest of the week was filled with work, the World Series, baseball practice, Cub Scouts, a Fall Festival, and family coming into town.

Speaking of the World Series...what a great finish to a fantastic series! The Indians put up a great fight. Congrats to the Cubs and all the Cubs fans out there; including Waiting 'til Next Year, Wrigley Wax, and Dime Boxes among others.

I saw this online and thought it was pretty cool. Something I might try to get signed either ttm or during spring training.


On Wednesday I started feeling a little sick. I thought it was allergies at first, but it's more than just allergies.

Thursday was especially bad. Plus it started raining just as I was leaving work and so my hour and fifteen minute commute turned into two hours. I got home just in time for my wife to head out the door for a meeting, leaving me in charge of three kids while feeling like crap.

The one thing that made it bearable was an unexpected package in my mailbox from Matt, from Bob Walk the Plank.

Matt sent a quartet of cards that brought a smile to my face.

Check out this Tyler Skaggs autographed jersey/patch booklet numbered to 25! I know I've mentioned it before on my blog, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Skaggs because my son and I saw his MLB debut as part of the first ever D-Backs home doubleheader.










Here's a card of current Diamondback third baseman, Jake Lamb. Lamb put up some great numbers in the first half of the 2016 season and was one of the finalists for the last N.L. spot on the All-Star team, but didn't end up making it.


Next up is this Tribute jersey of Randy Johnson numbered to 199. I love the design of this card. I also love the fact that the jersey swatch matches the jersey that is in the photo. It really bothers me when it doesn't. I also think it's cool that the photo is from the 2004 All-Star game.


















Finally, here is a 2011 Leaf Limited Greats autograph of Steve Finley. I love this card! I was always a Finley fan, but I've come to appreciate him more and more as I continue to collect his 2005 Prime Patches cards.


Thanks for the awesome cards Matt! 

2 comments:

  1. The hair sells the Dustin costume. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man you nailed that costume. Glad you liked the cards.

    ReplyDelete