Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I've been duped and a potential contest idea

Yesterday, when I said I'll buy any HOF RC for $5 I meant it. Even if I already have it. The third and final card from my recent Facebook purchase was this 1978 Topps Eddie Murray rookie card. I got it for $5. I realized later that I already have one. Whoops!


At some point I'll need to run a contest to give this away. I also have another card that I will probably end up offering as prize. It's in rough shape. Really rough shape, but it is a second third year card of a Hall of Famer from 1956 Topps. I won't give away the player, but with those clues there are only a few possibilities. ***I realized when I read Collecting Cutch's comment that I must have put the wrong information down, because  Clemente's RC is 1955 and the player on the card that I have has a 1954 rookie card. Sorry about that, it is not Clemente.***

I'm thinking about coming up with a list of blog post topics and giving everyone a couple of weeks to post and then randomizing a winner out of all the participants. What do you think about that? Would anyone be interested?

11 comments:

  1. I'd play! I'm not actively trying to complete the 1978 set, but the Murray is one of a handful I'll need when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for more blog topics! I know the Murray is on a few people's lists that I trade with

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Murray. Hard to pass that up for $5. Even if there weren't prizes involved, I'd be interested. I love it when other bloggers give me blog post ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...can blog readers participate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog topics never hurt, count me in!

    ReplyDelete