Sunday, April 25, 2021

Thanks to Collecting Cutch I know I'm still a player collector!

If you saw my post yesterday, you know that I am no longer a Diamondbacks team collector. Now this doesn't mean that I am throwing out all of my Diamondbacks cards. It also doesn't mean that I won't add Diamondbacks cards to my collection. I just don't feel obligated to try to collect every single Diamondbacks card ever made. In addition, I'm still a set collector (Topps base sets 1981 - current), vintage collector, and player collector. I also enjoy picking up various cards that I find interesting or cool.

I mentioned Night Owl's comment that got me thinking about my collecting habits, but it was actually a RAK package from Collecting Cutch that helped me decide that I am still absolutely a player collector. You see, my focus recently has been on vintage. I've been trying to finish up a few vintage sets (1970, 1971 and 1973 Topps) recently and have been picking up "well loved" Hall of Fame rookie cards and other vintage cards recently.

Collecting Cutch had asked me via Twitter if I needed this Goldschmidt card and I told him I did. 


Brian said he would send it to me. Knowing that this card was coming, I was surprised that a small box showed up in my mailbox. Not only did Brian send me the Allen & Ginter jersey card, he sent me a few other Goldschmidt cards and a couple of Brandon Webb "cards" as well.



I was so shocked by the other cards in the package that I didn't realize until the next day that this 2017 Bowman Holiday card was the Turkey version and numbered 01/35.


Brian sent me another Goldschmidt numbered 1/x. This is a 1/1 sketch card done by Jayson Johnson!


The date on the back indicates that this was done just 16 days after Goldschmidt was traded to the Cardinals. Oh how I wish the Diamondbacks wouldn't have traded him.


This National Treasures Notable Nicknames autograph was the icing on the cake. 


I know a lot of people give Panini a hard time, but they usually do a fantastic job given their restrictions. This is a beautiful card and I don't miss the logos. The fact that it's numbered out of 25 is just icing....on the icing.

Next up are a couple of Brandon Webb "cards" that Brian included in his package. First up is a 2006 Konami card from Japan.


Here is the back.


The final "card" in the package is this yellow 3x5 index card from the 2006 All-Star Game. Brian included a note that included some insight into this unique item. These cards were given to each player to fill in their ring size and turn in so that they could get their All-Star Game ring.


I know it's a bit hard to tell, but you can see where Brandon tried to sign his name, but the pen didn't work, so he tried scribbling at the top, but the pen still didn't work. Then he turned it over and tried again. This time with a bigger area. He then got another pen that worked and signed it. At least that's the story I have created in my mind after taking a look at it. As far as the ring size goes, I'm guessing he put 12 1/2 and then when he went to turn it in they offered to measure his finger and then they crossed out 12 1/2 and wrote in 11. I mean this was his first All-Star game, so he hadn't ordered a ring before. Again, that's the story I have created and I'm sticking to it. I love it. I absolutely love it!

Thank you Brian for the RAK package! I loved everything and it reaffirmed that I am still a player collector! 

4 comments:

  1. The ring size card is super interesting! Really cool to have...and good reminder of how good Webb was for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian is awesome. His Cutch collection is insane... but so are his care packages. So many cool items here... but that autographed ring card is definitely the most unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards from Cutch! I wonder how the ring card was obtained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to say thanks to Ancient Dr Zuma Spell Temple for everything so far. To everyone who doesn’t believe in spell, I was one of those ones at first. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to do this since I’ve tried others so-called spells casters and they did not work and was a waste of my time and money. However, when I read through the testimonials of other people about his good work i decided to contacted him and after I talked Dr Zuma who answered all my questions and was very nice about everything, I decided to give it a try. I figured it would be my last try to get my guy back. So my story is that I was at my office when the guy I am in love with told me that he wasn’t in love with me and never will be and that he didn’t want to speak or see me again, especially since he was talking to this other girl. When I talked to Dr Zuma, he let me know which spells would be most appropriate for me and I chose the ones that was to get him back to me and stay with me and want to marry me. As soon as he started on the spells, my guy came back into my life! It was a miracle to me and I’m so thankful for that. Things have been going well, and pretty much according to what Dr Zuma said would happen. He’s always there when you need him and that’s also after the spell is done. I’m still waiting for the spells to completely manifest, but with all that has happened so far I’m very happy because i was already given up on myself before contacting Dr Zuma, if you asked me or my friends if I would have anticipated how things were right now…no one would believe it! Lara. To contact him spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com WhatsApp him +15068001647

    ReplyDelete