Saturday, November 1, 2014

$0.35 well spent!

Yesterday I went to my LCS and dug through their dime, quarter, 50 cents, $1 and $2 boxes. I picked up a bunch of great cards, but up first are what I consider to be the biggest bargains.

First up is a 1975 Topps Fred Lynn RC. I picked it up for a mere dime.


It's not in great shape and the huge white area that covers 2/3 of the Lynn square make the card unappealing, but it's still the rookie card of the first person to win the Rookie of the Year award and the MVP award in the same season.

I can't imagine what it would have been like to pull this card back in 1975.

Next up is a 1971 Topps Steve Garvey RC with a price 2 and half times the price of the Lynn RC. That's right, it set me back a quarter.

The card is in great shape! Too great of shape actually. A black marker was used to fix chipping along the top, but I'm okay with it for a quarter.

1 comment: