Monday, December 22, 2014

Trade with Scott Crawford On Cards!

Scott, of the blog Scott Crawford on Cards!, contacted me recently after seeing my post on the 2011 Topps All-Star Stitches set. He said he thought he had a card I needed.

I started looking at his Want Lists trying to find something to send in return. Scott is extremely organized and has a bunch of sets he's working on, but all of my cards for trade are sorted by team, which makes it hard to find cards to trade to a set collector.

To make things even more complicated, Scott posted some trade bait and there were two more cards that I wanted.

I found a list of players he collects and was finally able to find some cards to send in return.

Here are the cards that Scott sent.

First up is the card from the 2011 All-Star Stitches set.


Valverde pitched in one game last season for the Mets and is likely out of baseball for good, but I will always have a soft spot for Papa Grande.

Valverde started his career with the D-Backs and became a star closer with them during his 5 seasons in Arizona. He was also one of only two players that signed for me during the workout day prior to the Home Run Derby.

The other two cards I requested from Scott's trade bait post, are really two copies of the same card, so I'll only post a picture of one of them.

It's a 2011 Topps Update Gold parallel Rookie Card of Paul Goldschmidt numbered to 2011.


I've had this card on my radar for a while, but never pulled the trigger. Now I've got two! Thanks Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment