Friday, August 3, 2018

A "FREAKING BEAUTIFUL" card!

P-Town Tom sent me a one card package out of the blue the other day and the one card is absolutely stunning!


These 2018 Gypsy Queen box toppers are amazing! When I first saw them online I thought they might have actually been glass, Even though they are cardboard and not in fact glass, they are "freaking beautiful"!

Here's the back.


Here's the note that Tom sent, which I love almost as much as the card itself.

Written on the of a Chicago Cubs page-a-day calendar, Tom mimicked the Most Interesting Man in the World, which even though I don't drink, I love those commercials. The card is "FREAKING BEAUTIFUL" as Tom so elegantly put it and I am extremely grateful to Tom for adding it to my Goldy PC, because I NEEDED it! I mentioned in a recent post that I'm not going to try to accumulate every Goldschmidt card out there, but will only go after cards that I find appealing and this is one of those cards. Thank you so much Tom!

4 comments:

  1. You're most welcome. Scans don't do those Glass Works cards justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass Works cards aren't a joke. If the sun hits it just the right way, it can cause some serious damage. But I'm willing to risk an eye injury from that shine to hold onto one of the most beautiful box toppers around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be an awesome card to get signed if the opportunity came up! The section on the left if just begging for an autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely one of those cards that looks much better in hand. I ended up w/ a Josh Donaldson from my lone box...still looking for Freddie Freeman.

    ReplyDelete