Sunday, July 14, 2019

Two new (old) sets and a HOF RC.

Yesterday I stopped by my LCS and picked up two Topps sets that I need for my quest to collect every Topps set from 1981 - present.

The 1981 Topps set was priced at $25 and the 1982 set was priced at $30. I got both for $50. They are hand collated sets, so I'm taking a small risk that they aren't quite complete, but they appear to be all there.

I did verify that the Cal Ripken Jr.rookie card was there and in good shape though before making the purchase.



I've owned this card in the past, but sold it years ago. Now I get to kill two birds with one stone by knocking off a set I need and adding a HOF rookie card to my collection!

Don't forget about my contest and don't forget to let me know that you are participating.

4 comments:

  1. Nice purchases! It is great to get the two earliest sets off your list.

    I haven't been to down to AZ in over a year. I hope that I'll be able to get down some time this fall, or at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a similar project, but I'm starting with '78. I need about three dozen for my 1979 build, and then I'll have three sets to go... including '81 and '82. Very jealous of your purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal on the sets! I'm hoping to complete the 1981 set someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You got a great deal on both of those sets. If my LCS sold complete sets at those prices, I'd probably visit more than once a year.

    ReplyDelete