Saturday, May 5, 2018

Chicks dig the long ball.

If you were around to watch the home run race in 1998 then you probably also remember this classic 1999 Nike commercial inspired by all the attention that Big Mac garnered during the summer of 98.


This commercial is fantastic and it has inspired me to start a "Chicks dig the long ball." collection which will feature cards of Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine as Braves that showcase them hitting, as long as they aren't bunting.

Here is what I have so far. Let me know if you know of any others. Thanks!

Greg Maddux




Tom Glavine







I realize this is a Mets card, but it does feature Glavine in a Braves uni standing outside the batting cage. so it works for me.


5 comments:

  1. That is a great idea for a mini collection! And that commercial was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a unique mini-collection! I have a stack of Maddux cards set aside for a future giveaway. I'll have to double-check them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That commercial is awesome. You gotta add the cards of Glavine shooting a hockey puck. Chicks dig goals too :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the '97 Fleer Maddux. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome collection. As a fellow Maddux fan, I had to see just how many long balls he actually hit. I was pretty impressed with his 5 career homers.

    ReplyDelete