Saturday, May 5, 2018

Sometimes people are nice.

I'm part of several baseball card groups on Facebook. I posted offering a 2018 Topps Players Weekend Logo patch card of Ichiro looking to trade it for the Paul Goldschmidt from the same set.

I had someone message me saying that he's a Goldschmidt super collector and thought he might have two of the card I was looking for. I asked him if he would be willing to trade it for the Ichiro and he said he wasn't interested in the Ichiro, but he would send me the Goldschmidt card in a pwe for free if I would just give the Ichiro to a kid.

I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't worried about it coming in a pwe, but the card showed up today and was in perfect condition. I will be giving the Ichiro away to a kid soon, and not to one of my kids.



2 comments:

  1. Pretty nice gesture by the other guy.
    I still wish these manu-relics mentioned the nickname on the back of the jersey somewhere on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool of that guy to hook you up with a card you needed... but it's even cooler that he asked you to give the Ichiro to a kid.

    ReplyDelete