Sunday, June 28, 2020

More From the Box

I finished my post yesterday around 7:30 am on Saturday morning. After publishing it I checked my phone and I had a text from one of my Supervisors at work with bad news. Even more reason that I need to be blogging right now.

Let's take a look at some more cards from that 330 count box from my desk.

First up are some cards of Randy Johnson. Because Randy Johnson spent the bulk of his career with the Diamondbacks, I have a ton of Randy Johnson cards, almost just by default. Because of that, I've set up a binder specifically for Johnson. I have them sorted by year and by my count I have around 350 different Randy Johnson cards. So I wasn't expecting to be able to add many to the binder from this small lot of 7 cards, but I actually was able to add the bottom 4 cards to the binder.


Here is another card that made it into a binder. The corners and edges aren't great, but that's probably because they are dark and it has been floating around in this 330 count box for a while, so now it will be saved from further demise in the binder with the rest of my modern Hank Aaron cards. Aaron is another guy that I want to collect all of his Topps cards, similar to my Nolan Ryan pursuit that I mentioned yesterday. The difference between my Nolan Ryan and Hank Aaron collecting goals is that I want all Topps cards of Aaron including his base, all-star, league leader, etc. cards and I collect his modern day stuff as well. With Nolan Ryan, I really just want his base Topps card from his playing days.


Who do you collect by default, like I do with Randy Johnson? Do you have players that you are going after all their Topps base cards or all their cards from their playing years?

4 comments:

  1. Texting bad news? Hope it wasn't too bad. As for your question... Gwynn and Rickey. You could probably add Ichiro in that group too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McCutchen and Ichiro for sure. Hope the news gets better for you Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandberg is my guy for sure. Texting bad news? Ugh. Hope it works out okay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect everything. I figured out once that the guy I had the most cards of was Gary Sheffield. Didn't expect it but it made sense. Guy was around for a long time, a big enough star to be in a lot of sets but not big enough that his cards are hard to find. Hope things turn out OK!

    ReplyDelete