Monday, June 29, 2020

Murphy, Joyner, and LANCE

Let's put away some more cards from my desk.

There was a stack of cards on my desk that contained some cards for other player collections that I have.

I don't know anyone baseball fans that grew up in the 1980's that didn't like Dale Murphy. He was a great player and a great guy and was on the Braves, who were on TBS all over the country.


Of the 10 Dale Murphy cards shown, I was able to add just two to the binder with my Murphy cards. I added the Allen & Ginter card and the 1993 Upper Deck Community Heroes card. Everything else was a duplicate.

Sometimes you go into this process knowing that a card is a dup, so it's no big deal. Other times you go into it thinking that you'll be adding to your PC and so when you determine that cards are duplicates it's really disappointing. Such was the case with these two 1982 cards.


Thought I would get Groot into the post for P-Town Tom and also give you a little insight into my life. The Red Vines were purchased for an upcoming road trip, but we couldn't wait to break them open. In the background you'll notice that I'm watching the Lance Armstrong documentary. While I knew the premise, I found the details of the documentary super interesting and enjoyed it.

Next up are cards of Wally Joyner. I batted .500 on the Joyner cards by adding two of these cards to my binder. The Triple Play and the Leaf card were new to my collection.


That's it for today. Prove me wrong about Dale Murphy. Is there anyone out there that doesn't like Dale Murphy? If you watched the documentary, LANCE, what did you think about it?

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a Joyner wantlist? I might be able to fill some gaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hall of Fame voters apparently don't like Dale Murphy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen LANCE... but I hope to at some point. As for Murphy, I didn't love the guy... but I don't dislike him either. One of my friends was a huge fan of his, so I'd usually give him all of my cards of him when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete