Monday, March 15, 2021

Greg Maddux: Hot "Gold" Gloves

Yesterday I shared the 1994 Flair Hot Glove insert card of Kirby Puckett that I picked up on Saturday. It wasn't the only Hot Glove card I grabbed. 


I was also able to snag this Greg Maddux card. I actually paid a dollar more for this card than I did for the Puckett. I guess that makes sense. Maddux won 18 Gold Glove awards. If it wasn't for Mike Hampton, Maddux would have had 19 and then would have all consecutive.

18 Gold Gloves is the most for any pitcher. In fact, Maddux holds the record for most Gold Gloves by any position. I know the Gold Glove award isn't the best judge of fielding prowess, but that is still pretty impressive.

Are there any current players that you think have a shot at breaking Maddux record?

3 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to look for the Mattingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way Nolan Arendo is playing defense and picking up Gold Gloves, I think he he could break the record of Maddux.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if he'll do it, but I'm with OhioTim and guessing Arenado has the best chance. He'd still need to win 10 more to tie Maddux. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

    ReplyDelete