Friday, July 9, 2021

Another Birthday Present! (Reggie Jackson Auto)

This past Saturday I went to a couple of card shops with a bit of birthday money burning a hole in my pocket. I first hit up AZ Sports Cards hoping there were some additional vintage cards put out from the collection they bought recently. Not only was there not anything new, but a couple of the Mantle cards were back and so was the Koufax rookie card; although it was priced $100 higher this time.

Next I went to The Batter's Box. I was able to find a couple of things including this Hall of Fame Postcard signed by Reggie Jackson.


At $30 for the PSA/DNA encapsulated postcard I was extremely happy to add this to my collection. I'm a big fan of Reggie Jackson and have his Topps base card run, so adding an autograph is perfect.

There were some scratches on the case, seen below.


I ordered some Meguiar's PlastX cleaner and polish and it made a big difference.


It's not perfect, but it's much better than it was. I don't have a lot of graded items, but I will probably take a look and see if any of them could use this treatment. Anybody else have any experience with PlastX?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Another nice birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never used PlastX before, but I might go out and grab some (my car's headlights are fogging up) and compare it to this other plastic polisher I've used in the past.

    ReplyDelete