Sunday, July 11, 2021

It's fun buying presents for myself; AGAIN! (1974 Topps Nolan Ryan)

I picked up this 1974 Topps Nolan Ryan card on my recent trip to The Batter's Box card shop. It's not in perfect condition, but I was happy to add it to my Nolan Ryan Topps collection. 


I realize now that I already have it. In fact I picked up a copy just a few months ago. D'oh! This isn't the first time I have done this and not the first time I've done this recently. With limited funds, I have got to be better about this type of thing.

With this second copy of the 1974 Topps card I now just need 1969, 1970 and 1972 to finish the complete Topps Nolan Ryan run from 1968 - 1994. 

5 comments:

  1. It happens to the best of us. If I had to guess, I'd say most collectors have accidentally purchased a card they already owned. I know I've done that on multiple occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way... it's a great looking card. Just curious... did the card shop throw that Ryan into a top loader without a penny sleeve?

      Delete
    2. Yes, for some reason they don’t use penny sleeves often. I think it’s because they don’t want to catch a corner when they are putting it in, but I’ve never actually asked.

      Delete
    3. Got it. Always interesting to hear what other collectors/card shops are thinking.

      Delete
  2. Wow, $13.95! Back in the Pre-Rona days I used to see this card in dollar boxes all the time, nice copies too. Hard to believe that it could've gone up that much in such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete