Saturday, July 28, 2018

A change in my collecting habits.

With nearly 500 unique Paul Goldschmidt cards in my collection I've come to a realization that I don't need to have every Goldschmidt card ever made.

There are just too many and I don't have a big enough budget to be able to go after them all.

I'm going to focus on cards that I find appealing. Now don't get me wrong, if I come across Goldschmidt cards on the cheap I'll pick them up, but I'm not going to try to get every autograph or every parallel out there just because it's Goldschmidt card.

When 2018 Stadium Club was released and I saw the Beam Team inserts featured Paul Goldschmidt I knew that this was a Goldschmidt card that I wanted to add to my collection.

I've been picking up the non-autographed versions on ebay over the last couple of weeks.





So I've got the base, the red (one per case), the black (numbered to 99), and the orange (numbered to 50). The only other non-autographed, regular version is the 1/1.  In addition to the autographed versions there are several 5 x 7 versions that Topps sold online.

I'm content with the partial rainbow that I've been able to put together.

4 comments:

  1. Those Beam Team cards are sharp looking. Excellent pick-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the orange version. It pops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange is my favorite as well and it's numbered 44/100, so that's even better.

      Delete
  3. I made the same decision years ago when I was trying to collect every Owen Nolan card in existence. Sure saved me a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete