Monday, December 30, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #23

For card #23, I picked a famous number 23. This card was HUGE back in 1991. My Dad would occasionally by a box of cards and then as I would help him check things off his to do list, I would get a card per item. I got this card out of one of those packs. And then it got stolen. I think I know the kid who took it, but he denied it. It wasn’t until years later that I got another copy. I now have several. This particular one I picked up at a card show this past summer. I think it was a dollar, or like 12/$10 or something like that. I love that it’s in the hard plastic screw-down case, because that is so 90’s.


4 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite cards in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a huge card back in the day. I'm pretty sure I had at least one of my copies sitting in a screwdown as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got back into the hobby after picking up a free box of mostly junk wax from FreeCycle. There was a "copy" of this card in it...I mean, not an actual card, but a picture of it clipped from a magazine! This was the only card the collector had deemed worthy of clipping....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That screwdown case is a perfect match for that 90s card.

    ReplyDelete