Monday, December 16, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #9

Yesterday I featured a Paul Goldschmidt card as part of my 100 favorite cards. Goldschmidt's rookie card is from the 2011 Topps Update set. Card #9 comes from that same set.

It's card #US175 and is a Mike Trout rookie card. I got this card this summer. It was part of a collection that I bought. I bought the collection because there was a bunch of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball cards (no Jordan), so this card was a complete surprise. In fact, this card was loose in a shoebox. Looks like the guy whose collection it was had bought maybe two packs of 2011 Update. The guy got lucky, and so did I. It in really good shape, like I said, considering that is was floating around a random shoebox full of other cards.



5 comments:

  1. I've got this card, and I'm not even sure how. It either came in a huge collection I got from a garage sale that was mostly 2010s/2011s, or I traded for it in 2011 when Trout was just another prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great card to have, especially having it basically fall into your lap. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card made flagship popular again. That's going to be one of the most iconic cards of the 2000s when all is said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i took a pack-buying hiatus right around the time 2011 update was released. poor timing on my part! congrats on finding this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! My dream is to buy a shoebox collection and find a 2011 Update Trout.

    ReplyDelete