Wednesday, December 11, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #4

I lost 100 pounds, so I'm sharing 100 cards from my collection.

Up next is Card #4.

Yogi Berra was not only a great player, but he was one of the greatest characters that the game has ever seen. He also looks fantastic on cardboard. I've got a couple vintage cards of Berra that are in my top 100, so you'll see a few more. Some are in better shape than others, but all are pretty rough. I got this card 1951 Bowman and a 1952 Bowman at a card shop on the same day. Just like Yogi, this card has a lot of character from Berra's smile, to the classic NY on his hat and pinstripes, to the Grandstand sign in the background. 

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. In this picture he seems like a regular guy who hadn't become YOGI yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss. It's not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! 1951 Bowman is one of my favorites, and this Yogi is in nice shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you just keep rolling out jaw-dropping card after jaw-dropping card. This might be my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Yogi! I've really grown to love early 50's Bowman baseball cards the past five or so years.

    ReplyDelete