Friday, January 15, 2021

Pro-Vision from The Diamond King

When I think of Donruss I think of two things. Puzzles and Diamond Kings. One of my goals in 2021 is to organize my collection. I have all 17 Donruss puzzles that they issues in various products over the years. I want to frame each of them and put them up on display. I had seen someone on Twitter that  had framed up one of the Donruss puzzles and I fell in love. I reached out and asked where they got the frame. Wal-Mart. Okay, easy enough. I went to Wal-Mart the other night and found the frame and bought one just to try it out. It looks great, but there are two problems. Problem #1 is that the frames cost $9.87 each before tax. With tax I'm looking at $175 to frame all 17 puzzles. Problem #2 is the space involved to display these 17 famed puzzles is more than I currently have. 

But enough about my problems. Check out how awesome it looks. And this is with bad lighting.


In addition to the puzzles, eventually I will own all of the Donruss Diamond Kings cards that were part of the base Donruss sets. Unlike, The Diamond King, I don't need all of the Diamond Kings that we interred and or numbered. Speaking of The Diamond King, he recently sent me a pwe with this card, which was on my Most Wanted list.


This 1992 Fleer Robin Yount Pro-Vision card was on my Most Wanted list because, just like I want the puzzles and Diamond Kings from Donruss, I want all of the Fleer Pro-Vision cards and I needed this one to complete the 1992 baseball set. Notice I said I want all of the Fleer Pro-Vision cards. I didn't specify the sport and that's because I am going after all of the Pro-Vision cards; baseball, basketball and football. I'm getting close.

Because I was late in opening and then in updating my Most Wanted list, I actually got a second copy of this card from another blogger. Thank you Gavin! The remainder of the cards I got from Gavin will be showcased on a seperate post on another day, although I am going to learn my lesson and update my Most Wanted list now by crossing off the other cards that Gavin checked off my Most Wanted list.

5 comments:

  1. The puzzle looks awesome framed. I don't have the wall space for all of my Donruss Puzzles... but maybe I'd do one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, looks good. If it's not too much of a pain getting the puzzles in the frame, maybe you could consider having just the one frame and rotate in a new puzzle to display every month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that puzzle looks really fantastic in that frame...cool idea. do you have space for another one or two? maybe phasing them out over time, like gavin noted would be great way to rotate them over a year.

    ReplyDelete