Sunday, January 10, 2021

Update on the Card Room

I haven't posted in a few days. I have three boys and with the holidays ending, all three of them are now in sports and so after work, much of my time is spent at practices. My oldest is playing basketball through a nearby city league and he is practicing and weigh lifting with his his high school baseball team. My middle son is playing flag football. Usually our kids play through the city where we live, but the city is not doing sports at this time, so this is through NYS. It's our first experience with NYS and so far it hasn't been great, but hopefully it will improve. My youngest, I have mentioned before, is playing baseball on a club ball team, so he practices twice a week and has a couple of tournaments each month. 

Anyways, the time I have to spend on the hobby has been a bit limited and most of that time has been spent trying to clean and organize my card room. I've showed this a couple of times now, but here is the before.


I am making progress and yesterday I was up at 4 am so I could work on it for several hours before we had to leave for a basketball and football game. Today I slept in until 5:30 am, but it is looking better.


The closet, which you can't see in the before picture, was a mess, but I've got it pretty clean, not organized like I would like, but at least cleaned.


So far, so good, right? Well when you see the other side of the room, you can see how much remains and none of this is even visible in the before picture.


So I still have a lot of work to do. Plus I have a full size filing cabinet and another 6 5,000 count boxes and some other monster boxes and various other things that I pulled out of the room that I need to find a place for. Yikes! 

I've also been so busy with work, kids sports and organizing that I haven't opened any mail that I've gotten in the last week or so. I've got 8 items that I haven't opened yet. Most are from eBay, but there are a couple from fellow bloggers. I think that's probably the most mail I've ever had waiting to be opened. I usually open my mail right away. So Bo and Gavin, I got your envelopes, but haven't opened them yet.


I hope your 2021 is going well and you are making progress on your hobby related and other goals. My question for you is regarding your mail. What is the most hobby related pieces of mail that you've ever saved to open in one day?

7 comments:

  1. You've gained some ground on card room re-organization. Keep up the good work.
    I think the most packages I've ever saved to open in one day is a half-dozen. Sometimes life gets in the way and things pile up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome, even if unfinished! I'm still amazed my envelope got there at all. And I never have the patience to hang on to an envelope or package to open at a later time. Even if I don't have time to do more than open it and check out the contents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s awesome that you have all this stuff to sort and you have made some good progress. Love seeing the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making some serious progress. Looks great. I've probably had around 10 packages (a few care packages with some eBay purchases) at one point. These days... it's more like two or three though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you can see part of the carpet now. That's definitely progress! Keep it up.

    I think 4 or 5 card packages in a day is my maximum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never saved unopened mail for even a single day! I might have impulse control issues where it comes to cards.

    ReplyDelete