Sunday, January 31, 2021

I've been attacked.

It used to be that bullies existed only on the school playground, but the internet has given way to a new form of bullying. Whether through text, Facebook, or a host of other social media sites bullies of all ages have various platforms to attack others with little to no repercussions. Even the blogosphere is not necessarily a safe place for these attacks.

Last week I got an unsolicited package from someone in the blogosphere that I considered a friend, even though we have never met in person. Little did I know that attack that would follow. The attack....on my Want Lists, that is.

That's right, P-Town Tom hit me hard. He launched an all out attack on my Want Lists. 


Thank you Tom! I was blown away when I opened up your package and realized what you had done!

I bought a 1983 Topps set at my LCS a few years ago and it happened to be missing one card. #670 - Jerry Mumphrey. The set is now complete thanks to Tom!

One of the collections I purchased in 2019 had a 1989 Topps Traded boxed set that was missing the biggest stars including the Randy Johnson XRC. That set is now complete, thanks to Tom!

While I was working on a Score binder, I was adding some of my favorite subsets from those sets and with the addition of the 1991 Roger Clemens All-Star and 1995 Hitters Inc. cards of Moises Alou and Wade Boggs, those subsets are now complete, thanks to Tom!

1990 Post. Done. Thanks to Tom!

My 1998 Fleer Metal Diamondbacks team set is now complete thanks to the Jay Bell card and thanks to Tom!

The final blow of his attack was a 1956 Topps Herb Score rookie card. It is such a fantastic and tragic card that it will get it's own post tomorrow.

Thank you Tom! Also, I do want to point out that bullying and cyber bullying is real and serious. I hope everyone understands my post and for anyone dealing with this issue should visit www.stopbullying.gov to get help.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! That Herb Score was at the top of your list I think.... time for a new list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew that that Tom was a heel, this just confirms it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Tom just took a big can of whoop@$$ to your want list, didn't he? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic '56 Score! I had to pay $25 for mine so that is quite generous of Tom to send such a sharp one your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Score. Tom really hooked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Herb Score card! That's really generous.

    ReplyDelete