Friday, September 3, 2021

Offer Up Purchase: Woolworth Sets

The big U-Haul box of cards I picked up from Offer Up contained a bunch of Woolworth boxed sets. The good news is that I didn't have any of the Woolworth boxed sets. Woolworth had a set each year from 1985 - 1991, so 7 different sets. The bad news is that with the 9 boxed sets, they were only from 3 different years. 7 from 1988 and 1 each from 1989 and 1990. So if you have a need for a 1988 set, let me know. I would love to trade the 88 sets for sets from 1985, 1986, 1987, and 1991.


I also need a few cards from the 1989 set because when I opened it up, the top 3 cards were damaged due to a piece of gum that was in the box.


You can see the damage on the edges of this Gary Carter card. It was so bad that the card behind it stuck to  it and it damaged the Kirk Gibson card that was behind that.


So if, by chance, you have a 1989 Woolworth card #2, #10, or #28, please let me know.


I don't ever remember going to a Woolworth store. Looks like the last Woolworth store in the U.S. closed back in 1997 and in Arizona 1994. I just don't think there was close to one where I grew up. Maybe I had been when I was little and just don't remember. How about you? Any memories of Woolworth or the Woolworth Baseball Highlights boxed sets?

7 comments:

  1. 1. You're living in a card wonderland with card shop discount boxes and Offer Up options that aren't solely Pokeman cards and a few overpriced basketball fat packs.

    2. I do remember going into Woolworth's, mostly when I was visiting my grandmother. Can't visualize much from it though.

    3. I might have an extra Gibby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vaguely remember going to Woolworth in the mall when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a Woolworth's in New Orleans, in 1996. Big store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have memories of going to Woolworth's as a kid. It was in our local mall, and after getting hooked on card collecting, I remember going there to buy cards. However, I do not remember buying any of their boxed sets.

    I would greatly appreciate one of the extra 1988 sets. I do not have any extra Woolworth's sets but i am sure I can find some other cards to trade for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No specific memories of Woolworth, but I might have stepped inside one or two at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent you an email this morning about some cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, Am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    and consider all your financial problems tackled and solved. Share this to help a soul right now. THANKS

    ReplyDelete