Sunday, September 5, 2021

Topps Page-A-Year Binder: 1951 Red and Blue Backs

At the card show last weekend I came across a dealer that had a box of vintage from various years. I noticed that he had some 1951 Topps Red and Blue Back cards. Since putting together my Topps Page-A-Year binder from 1952 - present, I have been on the lookout for some of these so I could add a page of them to that binder.

I purposely picked out some that were in rough shape, hoping I could get a good deal. They weren't priced at all, so I handed the stack to the dealer and asked for a price. He went trough the stack a couple of times and asked for $25 for the 9 cards. I countered at $20 and he agreed.

The first 5 are Red Backs. Billy Goodman posed for a Norman Rockwell painting. 

Guz Zernel would have a much more interesting Topps card the next year.




Like I said, I picked cards that were in rough shape.


The last 4 are Blue Backs, which are a bit more rare than the Red Backs.



Hall of Famer George Sisler's son, Dick.



Happy to add another page to my Topps Page-A-Year binder. Do you have any 1951 Topps Red or Blue Back cards in your collection?

5 comments:

  1. Pretty sure the only one I own is the Joe Page. I remember when unopened packs of these surfaced in the late 80's or early 90's. I really, really wanted to buy a pack... but it was just a little outside my price range. Totally sucks. How cool would it be to open up a pack from 1951?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks everyone has a '51 Joe Page except me. Oh well. Nice getting 4 blue backs + 5 red backs for $25, even if not in mint condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a solid group. I don't have any '51s, not even Joe Page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a couple Giants. They're only in the Red Backs that year though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, Am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    and consider all your financial problems tackled and solved. Share this to help a soul right now. THANKS

    ReplyDelete