Monday, February 8, 2010

I can't believe what Topps did!!!

A few months back I bought a hobby box of 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights. While opening the packs I noticed that 1 pack only had 7 cards and another only had 8 cards instead of the promised 10 cards. I finally got around to calling the customer service number on the back of the packs last week. I told the guy on the phone about the 2 packs of 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights and how many cards they were missing. He asked for my address and said he would send me a pack. I thanked him and hung up. Today in the mail I got a package in the mail from Topps. I opened it up and was immediatly surprized to find not one but 2 packs. But then to my horror I discovered that they were Club Penguin Topps cards. Why the heck would Topps send me these packs as a replacement for 2009 Topps Baseball Updates & Highlights cards? Come on Topps! That is rediculous! Why would they think that someone who buys baseball cards would be interested in Club Peguin cards? I tried calling the 800 number, but they were already closed for the day. Anybody else ever had something like this happen?


7 comments:

  1. That is pretty disturbing. I did call once about a total lack of cards in retail packs, but I ended up dropping it so I didn't get this kind of response. Topps literally flipped you the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally ridiculous! I hope they make it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bipping by Topps if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's awesome... I mean, I know it sucks you didn't get the U&H, but, wow! Club Penguin! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally got bipped...does Thorzul have a relative working in custmer service at Topps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter would be cackling nonstop if that happened to me.

    My sympathies.

    ReplyDelete