Monday, January 6, 2020

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card # 30

Card #30 is a Fleer Greats of the Game autograph of Bob Gibson. I don’t remember the website I got this from, but I remember it was only $5. I love the old Fleer Greats of the Game sets and to add a nice autograph of a Hall of Famer for just $5 was awesome.


I need more Bob Gibson in my collection. I recently came across his 1971 Topps card and was blown away by how awesome it is. I don’t recall ever seeing it before. Simple photo, but I love it.


4 comments:

  1. The crowd, umpire and stirrups make that one of the best '71s I have ever laid eyes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just commented on a pair of 71's on another blog. Didn't realize there were so many great images used in that set. For years, I just remembered it as the set with the Garvey rookie and that really cool Munson play at the plate card.

    P.S. The Gibson for $5 is a great deal. Crazy that anyone would price his autograph so low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll pretty much snap up any certified HOF auto on eBay I see for under $10. There aren't many of those...pretty sure I've never seen one for $5. Great find.

      Delete
  3. '71 action shots are the best!

    ReplyDelete