Tuesday, January 7, 2020

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #31

I haven’t missed a day yet in posting one of my 100 favorite cards in my collection. Today for Card #31, I present a rookie card of #31, Mike Piazza.

As a kid, before so knew any better, I used to love the Dodgers and when Mike Piazza debuted I was an instant fan. For me growing up Griffey was always number 1 for me and Piazza was a close second as far as my favorite players and my collecting focus.

For a long time this 1992 Bowman was the rookie card to have of Piazza, but I think the 1992 Fleer Update Card May be more desirable now. Sadly I don’t have that card yet.


3 comments:

  1. Another iconic rookie card from the 90's that I need to pick up eventually. The 1992 Fleer Update might be more desirable to others, but I'd take the Bowman over it any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. '92 Bowman was so much better than anything else in the re-boot to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so confusing to put a finger on what constitutes a rookie card in the junk wax era. I have a bunch of Piazzas from 1993 with "rookie" plastered on them (plus the Topps multi-player prospects card in regular and micro sizes), but I really do need to track down those two 1992 cards.

    ReplyDelete