Saturday, July 25, 2020

2017 Gypsy Queen

This has been in the draft folder for a couple of years. I've done this with other sets since then, but need to keep it going.

I'm not sure why I haven't done this sooner. I've thought about it for years. I don't have the money, time, or energy to collect everything out there, as much as I might want to.

I'm going to start collecting a 9 pocket page for each set issued. This way I have a small representation of every set produced. I'll have one binder per year to archive an entire years worth of baseball cards.

It will be limited to base cards. For some of the more expensive sets I may only do one card, if any. I'll showcase star players and rookies

This will give me a reason to buy a pack or two, or better yet, I can just pick them up from dime boxes and save myself some cash.

Check out my first such page. 2017 Gypsy Queen. The top row are arguably the three biggest names in the game today. The middle row are two rookies and another young star. The third row represent 3/5 of the National League West.


2 comments:

  1. One thing about Gypsy Queen is that their designs all tend to blend together. If I was looking at the Trout or Kershaw and you asked me to identify the year of this, I'd have zero clue. Actually I'm starting to feel that way about a lot of the products out there like Diamond Kings, A&G, and even Stadium Club (which is one of my favorite products).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did this same thing back in the early 2000's, but i went for one base card per team, per release (most releases, anyway). i gave up after a short time as there were too many card sets back then to keep up with. it is a great idea and i am sure you'll have fun putting these pages together!

    ReplyDelete