Saturday, July 18, 2020

Basketball

I wrote this post back in August of 2014. Not sure why I never posted it. Not sure why I only choose those 3 cards. I suspect I was going to add a few more, but, oh well.  The James rookie card has skyrocketed recently. In fact I recently sold a three card lot of Upper Deck MVP rookie cards (a Lebron James and two Dwayne Wades).

I used to love the NBA. Growing up in Phoenix, we had the Suns long before we had the D-Backs.

We had KJ, Thunder Dan, and Tom Chambers. Then we got Charles Barkley and went to the NBA Finals and lost to Michael Jordan and the Bulls.

I was a huge Michael Jordan fan. I had multiple posters of him in my room and still have a couple hundred Jordan cards.

I used to watch NBA Inside Stuff every Saturday.

I collected basketball cards heavily from roughly 1990 - 2000. After that I focused primarily on baseball cards, but I still loved watching basketball and was a big Suns fan.

I loved watching the Suns play 7 seconds or less basketball. I still have a strong hatred for the Spurs and what happened in the 2007 NBA Playoffs.

After Nash, Stoudamire, and Marion all left I lost interest in the Suns, and the NBA for the most part. I've been to a few Suns games in the last couple years, but haven't watched a full game on TV in several years, other than an NBA Finals game or two.




2 comments:

  1. I was a huge NBA fan when I was a kid. Loved following it and collecting cards throughout the 90's. Continued to watch the game even when I sold my collection (thankfully kept my Jordans though) in the early 2000's. But once Miami, Boston, and LA started to build dream teams, I lost interest. I'll still pick up Kobe, Jordan, and the occasional Duncan if they're cheap.

    P.S. Sweet James. It's crazy what people are paying on his and other players base Topps rookie cards these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I bought this set. These cards look a lot better than I remember.

    ReplyDelete