Thursday, July 2, 2020

50+ Dwight Gooden Cards

Along with Don Mattingly, Dwight Gooden has been one of my favorite players for a long time. Of the 6 cards from my desk, I added 5 of them to my binder.


The one card I already had in my binder was the 1989 Pop-Out card shown below peaking out of Groot's head.


By adding these 5 cards it pushed me just past 50 Dwight Gooden cards in the binder, with 51. I specify in my binder because I hav various sets with Gooden cards in them, but these are just the ones set aside in this particular binder. Crazy to think that I only have 50 cards of a player whose career began in 1985 and I've liked since I started collecting in 1988, but that's where I'm at. I need to start scouring dime boxes for Gooden cards whenever card shows come back.

So when it comes to the dups that I've showcased over the past few posts, guys like Mattingly, Gooden, Murphy, etc., who wants them? Comment below and I'll send them to you PWE.

3 comments:

  1. I have been increasing my Gooden collection too! Amazing how far he fell from those first few stellar years. I choose to remember the young Dwight. Dime boxes here I come (someday)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up a smattering of random Goodens! I don't like the Yankees or Mets, but somehow I'll add a Mattingly or Gooden when the mood hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Gooden guy back in the 80's. Always wanted a Mets jersey of Gooden, but never got around to buying one. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete