Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Heisman Trophy

I've had this in my draft folder for a couple years. Any other non football, Heisman cards come to mind?

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work." - Heisman Trophy Trust Mission Statement

Most of you are probably familiar with the Heisman Trophy.


You've probably heard of doing "the Heisman" if you haven't actually done it yourself. It's just making the pose that is on the trophy.

While it's not exactly "the Heisman", I believe that Jose Cruz was trying for "the Heisman" on his 1997 Fleer rookie card.


2 comments:

  1. If I stumbled across this card, I probably would have thought he was doing some martial arts move or something. But your idea makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Fuji. It looks like a martial arts move frozen in time, but at a different angle it would totally be the Heisman pose.

      Delete