Monday, December 7, 2020

Sheets or Pages?

I bought this sheet of Pete Rose cards at an auction at a card shop a few weeks ago. There is a nice variety of cards from the 1970's and early 80's featuring the all-time hit king on the page. 


There are all-star cards from 1970, 1975, 1976, and 1977, base cards from 1978, 1982, and 1983 and a 1983 Super Veteran card on the page. From 1975 - 1981 Topps did not issue a separate all-star card, so the 1975, 76, and 77 cards are also his "base" cards. The cards are not in great condition, which explains how I got the sheet for less than $1 per card.

Throughout this post I have referred to this as both a sheet and a page. What do you call it?

6 comments:

  1. Before I started blogging, I called them "sheets." But most everyone else called the "pages," so I gradually switched over to calling them "pages" and now I prefer that term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even think about it, sheets/pages are interchangeable in my tiny mind. Nice score though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refer to them by both names... but if I had to guess I use the word "pages" the majority of the time. As for these Roses... less than a buck a piece is a great deal. That 75 is a beautiful looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose I use "pages" more often, but I think both are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of them as pages. Nice acquisition. Despite his many personal flaws, Rose cards always feel like a "big deal" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny I will say "I need to pick up some plastic sheets to finish putting this set in pages"

    ReplyDelete