Tuesday, February 15, 2022

2001 Topps American Pie

A couple of years ago I bought a collection and it had a 2001 Topps American Pie set in it. Well, it had a 2001 Topps American Pie set that was missing one card. So I went on eBay and purchased the card I needed to complete the set. One of my 2022 hobby goals is to complete 100 sets. It's situations like this that prompted me to set that goal.

The set was already in sheets (back to back) when I bought the collection. I don't typically put my cards in sheets back to back, but since these are already in sheets and sheets seem to be in short supply right now, I will wait until another day to redo the sheets.

In the meantime. Here is the set.




You can see the spot for the missing card in the phot below.















Here is the one card I needed. I picked this up on eBay for $1 with free shipping. They also had a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal, so I added 2 other cards for $1 each, so I got the 3 cards for $2 shipped.


Here is the back of the card, so you can see what they look like.


How about you, do you put cards back to back in binder sheets?

6 comments:

  1. Not usually. There might be a binder somewhere in my collection with a set that's stored back to back in pages, but I can't think of any. I like being able to flip through the pages and view the card backs.

    By the way... cool set. I love the non-sports cards at the end of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't unless the backs are generic. Congrats on the completed set! Almost looks like they got a kid photo of Jim Wynn haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting looking set. To be honest, I am not sure if I have ever seen cards from it before. As for putting cards back to back in sheets, since I am a team set collector that uses pages for those, I only put cards back to back if a set is a few cards past the nine or how many slots needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite all-legend sets! Think I may have opened a few packs of it back in the day, but can't say with 100 percent certainty. Also, yes I've always put my cards back-to-back in binders. I'd go broke spending all my money on nine-pocket pages if I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've addressed this many times: of course I put cards back-to-back in binder sheets, I'm not made of money. If I wanted to look at the back, I use my fingers to pull the card out. They're handy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New cards get the back-to-back treatment vintage gets the single treatment.

    I have always liked the American Pie set but I only focused on the Red Sox, I didn't even realize that there were non baseball cards in it.

    ReplyDelete