Saturday, February 19, 2022

2003 Upper Deck Post Set

About a week ago I posted about my quest for the 1990 - 2003 Post baseball card set. After posting about them I headed to eBay and started searching for the sets I needed. The 1995 set was found easily. In fact, I bought a lot of two sets. I could not find a 2003 complete set though. Lots of singles, but no complete sets.

I did find one seller that had each card in the set at reasonable prices and free shipping. Still, buying each individual card of the 31 card set at between $1.50 - $3.00 per card got to be pretty pricey fairly quickly. I reached out to the seller asking if they would sell me set at a certain price since they had each card. They responded, “no”, but they did offer a 40% discount on purchases of 4 or more cards. That helped, but the “set” purchased one card at a time still set me back about $28.

Here it is. Upper Deck put out this set. The first and only year they would do the Post set. I actually like the design. Very reminiscent of many of the Upper Deck sets from that timeframe.









There was also a 6 card promo set that are completely different. I picked up this set as well. It will get its own post though.

Curious to know if anyone else out there has this set. Seems like it was probably not available as a complete set via a mail in offer like so many of the other Post sets from this timeframe, so it would need to be put together one cereal box at a time, which would be costly and take some time to assemble the 31 card set.

4 comments:

  1. I've come a long way since last week too. I am down to just the Griffey magic motion promo and the UD base set need 13 & 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this set build. If I had a single, it'd probably be either Ichiro, Tejada, Hoffman, or Bonds. It's kind of a bummer that Post didn't have their logo on the front of this card, because like you said the design sort of blends in with all of the other UD sets from this era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that particular set, very cool. Thanks for showing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the Pedro so evidently I have never seen it before. Somehow I did have the Pedro on my team set want list.

    ReplyDelete