Thursday, September 3, 2020

1988 Topps Nolan Ryan

I picked up this 1988 Topps Nolan Ryan card at the card shop for a quarter. I already have it with my 1988 Topps set, but I needed one for my Nolan Ryan Topps collection. I may be in the minority, but I really like the 1988 Topps design. It's simple, but I like the font of the team name across the top. I'm sure the fact that  it's also the first cards I remember ever seeing may have something to do with it as well.


This gives me 1968, 1979, and then 1982 - 1994. Even in rough condition, 1969 - 1978 are going to be a little pricey. I'll take my time with them and pick then up whenever I find a good deal.




1 comment:

  1. 1988 is one of my least favorite Topps designs from the 80's, but it's not terrible. I think the whole "overproduction" thing plays a part in leaving a bad taste in my mouth. But I'll admit, seeing this Ryan makes me reconsider my opinion on this set.

    ReplyDelete