Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Digging through dime boxes

This past Saturday my youngest had a baseball game that ended up being fairly close to one of the card shops that I frequent, so I convinced the family to make a quick detour afterwords. I didn't have a ton of time, but I was able to look through the dime box and the quarter, 50 cent, and $1 cases. I picked some dime cards, a few quarter cards and one 50 cent card. I spent $4 total. Take a look at what I got.

When it comes to these kinds of purchases, I expect that I will end up purchasing some dups. It's one of the casualties of not having good lists. Let's see how I did.

With the Griffey being a silver signature parallel, I actually needed both of these.


Next up are 8 different Time Salmon cards. I needed all of these as well. So far I am 10 for 10.


Four Donnie Baseball cards and I needed all of them for my Mattingly collection. I already had the Post card but that is for part of that set, so this one made its way into my Player Collection binder. 14 for 14.


Next up are three cards for my relatively new Bonds 762 quest. I ended up needing only 1 of the 3. 15 out of 17 is still not bad.


I couldn't pass up these Hot Shots for the price. I did pass on the Bonds and Nolan Ryan at $1 each from the set though.


Next up was the complete 1989 Fleer For the Record set. I've mentioned that I'm working on a Fleer binder with representation from all the various Fleer sets. This includes various inserts and so this pick up was perfect for the price.


Finally, a little vintage. A 1960 Topps Herb Score, 1974 Topps Reggie Jackson/Billy Williams All Star card with a bunch of creases and a 1981 Topps Coca-Cola Kent Tekulve.


So what card do you think I paid 50 cents for?

6 comments:

  1. Most likely the 50 cent card was either the Herb Score or the Jackon/Williams All-Star card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even for 50 cents that Score would be a great, well, score!

      Delete
  2. excellent 10 centers!! Silver Sigs for dime? I have a stash of those for Pick Pockets. Fun Pack? I miss that product! The Score is nice, worth 50 cents. Not sure that I would pay 50 cents for the Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Herb Score. You got a good haul for $4

    ReplyDelete