Monday, October 26, 2020

My First Bonds Jersey Card

When I decided to go after 762 unique Barry Bonds cards and publicized it on Twitter, Scott of the blog Sports Cards Ate My Brain reached out and we worked out a trade and I added 37 Barry Bonds cards to my collection. A couple weeks later Scott sent me a care package. I've been "showcasing" the contents of the care package in my last few posts. The final card from Scott is this 2002 Fleer Showcase Baseball's Best Barry Bonds jersey card.


This is my 394th Barry Bonds card. This set has some quality control issues with the foil at the bottom. Most of the cards are either all good or they are completely blacked out. This one has the top portion of Bonds name and position showing. It almost looks like someone took a black marker and colored over the foil. 

Out of the 394 Bonds cards I have, this is just my third relic card of Bonds and my first jersey card. I have a bat card and a card featuring part of home plate. So thanks again Scott for all the cards, but specifically my first Bonds jersey card.

2 comments:

  1. Even with the quality control issues... this is a nice jersey card of the home run king.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made it past the halfway mark!

    ReplyDelete